Sunday 30 December 2012

Have Yourself, A Very Merry Christmas..

Did you? Have yourself, a very merry Christmas? I hope so. With my extended family, we do a homemade Christmas. It was pretty spectacular. Here's what I made for ours (recipes attatched).

Apricot Chutney
Cranberry Orange Relish
Cinnamon Bun Granola

I also had the kids make super cute candy cane crafts. It's a mouse made from felt, that hold the candy cane which also acts as the mouse tail. They did a wonderful job, I'm a pretty proud Mommy.



The recipes (above) are super easy, and fast. Exactly what I needed for a hurried Christmas! I love canning, the sound of the lids popping after doing the work of making something, prepping the jars, those moments of intensity as you fill the jars and try not to drop them and make sure the seal will be just right. When that *POP* can finally be heard from the other room, it is so rewarding.


No comments:

Post a Comment