Wednesday 10 April 2013

A New Leaf of Many

Over the past two weeks, I have been taking a really hard look at my life. I see clutter, excess, and just plain mess all around me. I also haven't been eating healthy for a very long time. The more closely I examine these things the more I realize that they were there to fill several voids and stuff down emotions caused by an unhealthy relationship. I've been burying myself.

My ex has found a place of his own, and will be moving out within the next week. I'm ready to take my life back. I am in awe of the amount of stuff we have acquired over the past year, and over the past seven years. It is time to cleanse my apartment. In doing so, I will be cleansing my heart and mind.

All this time that I have been burying myself under unhealthy food and piles of stuff, I've unintentionally piled it on top of my children too. Gone are the days that I would bring out a large platter of fruits and vegetables for us to snack on before breakfast. Veggies with hummus for lunch? Yeah, try cookies followed with microwaved potatoes. I was blind to my life and the problems that my relationship was causing.

No more can I live like this. Today is a new beginning. While I slowly help pack up my ex's things I will also be packing up much of my previous life. This is only the start of several positive changes to come. I am a strong, capable, devoted Mother - no more excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment