Wednesday 24 July 2013

Running Fast.

The thing about one's past is that it never goes away. If you turn around, it's right there staring you in the face, and if you pause to look for too long it catches up to you. Sometimes it's like it calls out to you, "Hey, over here!" and it takes a strong conscious effort not to glance over your shoulder to see whats up.

Tonight was one of those times. A new person came into my virtual life, somebody that I was to meet this coming weekend. But somehow, this person contacted my past and whispered in it's ear. This person told my past that now would be a good time to try for a little attention. This person was wise, because they were right. Congratulations, past, you won!

Now I sit here struggling to ignore the domino effect that the past can have if you allow it a thread of recognition. No, past. I will not let you do this to me. I am moving forward, and have friends that like to keep me there. Thank you very much for reminding me where we stand. Good night past, and good bye for now. I'm off to the races, and you can damn well eat my dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment