Saturday 6 October 2012

Our Kitchen Friends


Let me tell you about our favorite kitchen tools. They actually belong to my children, and I can only tell you about one today. You see, they have legs and tend to wander off into random bins of toys, and visit inside baby mouths (caves) quite often.



So, not only are these rockin' tools flexible, soft (rubbery), function and fun - you will never guess what the BEST part is. The part that my kids love the most about these tools (and many adults) is that..


They have BUMS! Seriously, these guys are awesome. We have baked many a delicious treat using this exact spatula. In fact, he really does need a name. But you're really in for a treat today, because I have heard that he wants to share a wonderful recipe with you.


Black Bean Brownies:

1 can black beans
1/2 cup sugar
egg replacement for 2 eggs
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips

Put all of the ingredients, minus the chocolate chips, in the food processor. Process until smooth and batter-like. Mix in the chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life). Pour into an 8x8 baking pan,  and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely before consuming, to give the chocolate chips time to reform.

Thanks for reading my blog!


2 comments: